© Gwen Dubeau - All Rights Reserved

My latest books now available for purchase, please see links below. Thank you for your interest and enjoy your visit.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Night Waves















Tired eyes look down on me,
to see oceans, instead of seas.
Water washed with wicked tides,
open eyes and tethered ties.
Long days, turn to night,
hopes and dreams, held tight.
One whisper and I am there,
by your side without a care.
You ask me about love,
I answer with words of  life.
You ask me about life,
I say love me tonight.
Together we shall be,
all through the night.

10 comments:

  1. You are always wonderful - stunning colour stunning words

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to see a gentle, rhyming (almost) 'traditional' poem. I liked this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How romantic and beautiful Gwen....love this!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe, so romantic! I love that lyrical tone, too~
    Well Done

    ReplyDelete
  5. You ask me about love,
    I answer with words of life.
    You ask me about life,
    I say love me tonight.

    nice...those sound like they are out of a song...like this gwen....

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gwen's poem made what I whisper something to the Night Waves also.
    I imagine it.
    Your poem has a beautiful story!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lyrical and loving. As Brian suggested, the musical rhythms show themselves quite plainly. A lovely piece.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Romantic and provocative. A pleasure, Gwen!

    ReplyDelete